Computer Science Engineering (CSE) encompasses a variety of topics that relate to computation, like analysis of algorithms, programming languages, program design, software, and computer hardware.
Computer Science engineering has roots in electrical engineering, mathematics, and linguistics. In the past Computer Science was taught as part of mathematics or engineering departments & in recent days it has emerged as a separate engineering field.
What does a Computer Science Engineer do?
- Design and develop a software application for different industries
- Manages the software, hardware & networks in any industry
- Involves in the design and development of the hardware components of PCs & laptops
- Develop software for peripheral computing devices such as printers, modems, and scanners
- Writes code and algorithms for operating systems like Windows, Linux, etc.
What is the future of a Computer Science Engineering graduate?
Computer Science Engineers can find opportunities in any of the following categories
- Design / Development / Testing/ Maintenance of software in the IT industry
- Networking & Security administrator in IT or any computerized industry.
- Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
- Hardware Engineers: These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
- System Designer: Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
- System Analyst: Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
- Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
- DBA: DBA or Database Administrator is the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in the IT sector.